5 Tips for Preparing for the NDIS
The NDIS starts on 1 July for many parts of NSW. To make sure you get the best NDIS package for match your needs, we have 5 tips to support your preparation.
- Start Today – The NDIS is a significant change. It will provide you with access to supports and services that you may not have had access to before. It’s time to start thinking about how you want to live your life and what support you need to achieve the access you want.
- Think Big – When you don’t have equal access it’s common to develop habits where you ‘make do’. But when you ‘make do’, you can miss out on information, opportunities or even deeper relationships. Start thinking about what you want to achieve in your life. What are the steps you need to take? What are the barriers to achieving your goal?
- Use the NDIS Planning Workbook – The NDIS Planning Workbook is a great place to record the day-to-day barriers in your life. It will also be a tool that you can use in your planning meeting with the NDIA, to explain your barriers and the supports your need.
- Be Specific – Often the NDIS Planner will have no experience of what it is like to live with your disability, the services you need or the services that are available to you. You need to be prepared to tell them what support or services you need and why. The NDIS Planning Workbook can help with this.
- Research – Get as much information in advance so that you are better prepared to take full advantage of the opportunities of the NDIS. We have experience supporting deaf people in the Newcastle area where the NDIS is already available. Book a FREE pre-planning meeting with us and we’ll support you to prepare for the meeting with the NDIS planner, email email@example.com.
For more information about the NDIS, visit the NDIS section of our website.