I want a job
Are you tired of every day being the same? Would you like to be busy working, saving money for a holiday or a car? But you don’t know where to start. You’ve come to the right place.
What we offer
We specialise in supporting deaf and hard of hearing people to find fulfilling and sustainable work. Our team understand the problems and challenges that deaf and hard of hearing people experience in the workplace and have the skills to support you and your future employer to overcome those challenges.
We will work with you to;
- Develop an individual plan
- Decide what job you will enjoy
- Gain the skills, qualifications and experience for that job
- Understand what is expected in a workplace
- Build social confidence
- Find a job that matches your skills and interest
When you get the job, we will work with you and the employer to give you every opportunity to thrive;
- Guidance on communication strategies
- Support understanding induction and workplace expectations
- Workplace Health & Safety checks
- Recommend equipment and workplace adjustments to match your needs
- Support accessing complementary programs like the Employment Assistance Fund (EAF).
For more information about locations and time of the service, see below.
When and where
This services is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm at the following locations;
- Coffs Harbour
If you would like to receive these supports under NDIS, you need to have funding for;
- Finding and keeping a job
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved learning
?The Deaf Society charges according to the price limit in the NDIS Support Catalogue.